Friday, August 28, 2009

Haircuts

when i was 4 or 5, i would watch my mother cut my father's and siblings hair. i wanted to be just like her! i had cut one of my barbie's hair, but it turned out ugly. i figured it turned out so ugly because it was fake hair (it wasn't my hair cutting skills...). my little sister is 3 years younger than me, so 1 or 2 years old. her hair was a couple inches long and super curly. i wanted to practice my skills on a real person, so i tracked down a pair of "safety scissors" from old school supplies around the house. then i found my sister watching t.v. in the family room. first i asked her if it was okay to cut her hair and she said yes. why wouldn't she? she probably didn't realize what would happen. then i proceeded to carefully cute every lock of hair off of her head. i cut it off as close to her scalp as i could. luckily i didn't hurt her. after i finished, i saw the big pile of hair i had created, and needed to throw it away. so i went to get a garbage can, and got side-tracked. my mother found my sister in front of the t.v. with the pile of hair and assumed it was me. she came and found me and asked if i had done it. my parents sat me down and told me that if i ever did it again, my own hair would be cut short.

a little while later...

while at a friend's house that was babysitting, i found a pair of scissors and thought about what a good idea it would be to cut hair. i found my sister and cut some of her hair. when i got home and my mother saw what i had done, she sat me in the chair and proceeded to cut my hair. i bawled the entire time because i didn't want short hair. she cut it like a long boy's haircut - a "bowl cut." i thought it was the ugliest haircut in the world (looking back on it, i still think it looks pretty bad...). my parents sat me down once again, and said if i ever cut my sister's hair again, they would shave my head bald. needless to say, i learned my lesson and never cut her hair again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

total

free web counter